Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Alas, it was too good to last...

Monday morning brought the usual wake up, lay still for a moment, flex various muscles to see how much they hurt before attempting to rise from the coffin- I mean, bed. And of course, the muscle pain is always there first thing in the morning. One would think that resting all night would bring some relief, but all it does is increase the ache. I manage to make it downstairs, despite the muscle pain, which didn't go away after a few minutes of moving around and the foot pain, which I can only blame myself for- I didn't wear shoes two days in a row. What could I do? It was in the 90s for heat (30s for you Celsius followers) and pulling on a pair of leather Doc Martens is not on the top of my heat index coping techniques.

As I sit here typing at nearly 530 AM, my skin is itchy as hell. My muscles feel like they're being compressed and are trying to escape through the itchy skin.

I need to get all this out of my body before next Sunday. My 17 year old daughter and I are going to the ren faire again. I can only hope that its cooler than it was the last two times I went. I lasted till about 2 or 3 PM both times. That's a good long day, but its also a long time to sweat non-stop (I'm not exaggerating, I literally started sweating the moment I got out of my air-conditioned truck till I got back into the air-conditioned truck.

Hopefully by Sunday, I'll have a stretch of good days to build up my spoons.

What the hell am I talking about?

Only this- "The Spoon Theory" by Christine Miserandino 

If you touch my spoons, I'll break your fingers! Which is a lie, because if I broke your fingers, it'd cost me a spoon and I need all my spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment