Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I should know better than to jinx myself

Lately, because our weather has been so completely insane, I've been waking up at a 7 or 8 on that pain scale. I take my morning thyroid pill (by itself, because a million years ago when they put me on it, they said take it in the morning on an empty stomach) and then I take my muscle relaxer (around 30 to 45 minutes later) and an hour after waking, I take the rest of my "stay-alive" pills (some blood pressure meds, allergy pill, asthma preventative, and vitamins). And I take a couple Vicodin.

Then I get really tired and have to go lay down. (not always, but more than I'd like, so I often times will fight that urge to go collapse on the bed I was just in about an hour and a half before).

Today was one of those days. I ended up back in the bed by 7 AM (I get up as close to 5 AM as I can). When I woke up from the weirdest-dreaming-nap I've had in a while, I was okay. I felt a bit stiff, but it was nothing a hot shower couldn't... well, "help" isn't the right word. Let's just say the hot shower didn't make things worse.

I went on with my day. I ended up vacuuming the living room. I had to clear the snow and ice off my truck because I had to run to the post office. We had rain and 50° Fahrenheit yesterday and then the temps dropped drastically and I woke up to several inches of snow and ice and 11° and wind chills in the negatives. So, I vacuumed and I said: "I don't feel too bad today." I did, I said it out loud (and that's where I jinxed myself).  Then cleared off my truck. I went to the post office. I came home.

And that's when today decided to roundhouse kick me in the back of the face. It started in my legs and feet. My feet are killing me today. And my legs got sore. Then my large muscles started to tighten up and it felt like they were pulling on the joints they were closest to (they still do).  Around 430, 5 PM, I went upstairs to lay under my fleece blankets and hopefully stop this flareup from becoming a bad one. An hour later, it was no better. And now I'm downstairs, having taken my usual nightly dose of Vicodin about a half hour ago. The muscle relaxers come any time (probably after I type this).

So, what did I do today?

I vacuumed the living room and I went to the post office. And that wore me down and kicked my teeth in. That is so not fair. I was having a good day too. And the worst part is that I still have to eat dinner. And that means I have to get up to cook something for dinner. I don't want to get up and cook something for dinner and I've taken three 5/325 Vicodin on an empty stomach, so I can't drive to get myself something. And I'm home alone.

Well, not entirely alone. But the dogs can't reach the pedals in my truck and I'm pretty sure that all the fast food places around here don't speak "Dog".

"Hullo? Yes, I would like a number 14 combo meal with extra Milkbones."
He got curious about the whirring noise from the lens

No comments:

Post a Comment