Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Oh, Hey there, Middle of the Night, I haven't seen you for a couple weeks...

I don't even know, man... failed pain meds? Too much caffeine? Buyer's remorse? Scurvy?

I have no idea what's going on, let's just call it "Fucking Fibro Failures" because who doesn't love alliteration and swearing?

So, I'm up in the middle of the night again. I've been on the new fibro drug for six days. So far, I've experienced one of the mild and non-threatening side effects. I have random bouts of mild dizziness, but not like "OH THE ROOM IS SPINNING!" dizzy. More like: "whoa... my brain is floating in fluid and when I turned my head too quickly, it took a moment for my brain to join us over here..." So, not debilitating, just annoying.

No change in the pain.

No change in the sleep-falling-into-and-staying-occupied-with thing.

No change in the goddamn itching skin. I'm just about ready to claw my way out of this skin because fuck that noise.

And speaking of noise- fuck all the noise. When I wear my hearing aid (I don't wear it around the house, but I do when I go out), I get sensory overload at places like the grocery store. I want to shove everyone around and tell them to "Shut the fuck up, asshole!" but I don't because I'm an adult now and apparently adults are supposed to have some kind of self-control when it comes to societal situations. And shouting "SHUT THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE" isn't very "mature".

Every pair of shoes I have hurts me. And I love my shoes because all of my shoes are Dr Martens boots. What's not to love? And the worst part is I can't go shoeless, or, you know, as the normals call it: "barefoot". Going shoe-free causes a slew of pain issues that is very easily fixed by not being shoe-free, so I wear the shoes every day... even if I'm just staying home. Which is most of the time, except during faires.

Speaking of faires, I have a ren faire this weekend and I went from being "just a patron" to doing some photography stuffs for the Bristol cast that is in attendance. So I got that going for me this week. And next week, I have another faire with my sea captains and a slew of other Bristolites... Bristolians? They know who they are.

And speaking of photography, remember how I bitched about not being inclined to upload my photos to Flickr to share them? Well, I finally did... and because I was so goddamn lazy, I also added them to an album for ease of sharing. Just for you! I hope you appreciate it because making a new album took absolutely NO effort on my part.

And like any fibro blog without a point, I will finish with showing you some photos. All shot with my Nikon D5100 and 40mm Macro lens.


Water drops on maple leaves

Water drops on maple leaves

Water drops on maple leaves

A mix of drizzle and morning dew

A mix of drizzle and morning dew

A mix of drizzle and morning dew

Water drops after dark

More maple tree leaves

Roses and raindrops

Begonias and raindrops

Begonias and raindrops

Morning Dew and lilacs

Bee, macro

Bee, macro

The Patient Grasshopper

Roses after dark...





No comments:

Post a Comment