Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

And just like that... it's gone...

For all the pain I was in, for all that agony, nearly in tears... it's gone.

I was awakened two hours early today and I was fully expecting to feel as miserable as I have the last few days. But I sat up fine. I walked to the bathroom fine (well, not fine, my feet still hurt but that isn't entirely due to fibro). I came downstairs and took the dogs out and that's when I realized my thigh didn't hurt.

I walked from one end of the deck to the other. No agonizing pain. No almost-tears. No clutching the things around me to help me walk. (I was this-close to picking up my cane again).

The only explanation I have is that a huge storm rolled through last night (overnight, whichever you prefer). Thunder, lightning, tornado warnings. I was even awakened by it around 130 AM. But this huge storm rolled through and when I dragged myself to bed last night, I was battling the tears as I made my way up the stairs.

And now.

Gone.

Now I'm just tired. I'm not in pain. I still have some itchy skin, but I don't feel like I need to scrape my skin off to get over it.

So now my new superpower is The Human Barometer. I'm absolutely of no use during weather changes except to alert you to the fact that the weather is changing. You have to listen carefully to the tone in my whining and the intensity of the sound. And of course, the frequency at which I whine. And I mean time-wise, not technical-sound-wise.

Fibromyalgia is a fickle, evil bitch.

1 comment: