Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

It shouldn't have been unexpected, but it was...

"Plans? You-chuckle-you had plans?!" [insert maniacal laughter]

That's what Fibrofuckingmyalgia said to me today. I started out the day with such high hopes. I did. We finally got past our bitterly cold weather. A couple weeks ago, I unplugged the space heaters that we have in the kitchen to keep our pipes from freezing. And I decided that it was time to go ahead and put those heaters away for the year and put all the crap back in the cabinets so I could have full access to the rest of my kitchen. (we take most of the stuff out of the cabinets when we use space heaters, lest we become a statistic).

I had to go to the store today. I had to. The youngest kid will be home this week for Spring Break and I didn't have any food that she would need for, you know, living. She's been super-stressed out, so I told her I'd get comfort food ingredients. (she even quoted me on Facebook with that fact). So, I had to go to the store.

And the store was crowded. And it ended up taking me a lot longer than I expected. So, after zig-zagging the most giant of all giant grocery stores, I got home, got my stuff inside, put away the stuff that could be put away... and then my body said: "You're done. Sit down. SIT DOWN NOW OR I WILL DRAG YOU TO THE FLOOR LIKE A WEAK MUNCHKIN!"

So, I sat down. I spent the next couple hours trying not to fall asleep sitting upright. I didn't want to take a nap because I don't want to screw up my sleep cycle (again). After sitting for a while, I had trouble getting up. And by "trouble", I mean that I rocked back and forth and flailed like an upturned turtle till I had enough momentum to thrust my body into a more solid position for putting my feet on the floor.

On top of this mind-numbing exhausted feeling, I now have pain. All through my arms and legs. And by "legs" I mean "the entire area from my waist down and a little bit of my waist-up, but not all of it".

The weather changed again- it had gotten warm. So warm that not even a jacket was needed yesterday. Today? Its about 20° cooler and windy. Every time I take the dogs out, I can feel the cold seeping into my muscles.

All this time, while fighting the pain, my brain keeps fighting with the exhaustion. My attention span is almost to Goldfish Levels and I can't focus even on "The Princess Bride" which came on cable while I was upturned-turtling. (they're at the wedding scene- "Mawwage. Mawwage is what bwings us togevah today"- and I don't even care. Dread Pirate Roberts is here for my soul and he can have it. Maybe he can do something with it).

On top of all that, it looks like its going to be a gorgeous sunset evening. And I really want to go get some photos of that. But I also don't really want to stand outside and let the cold make my fingers so stiff I can't move them. But it looks like its going to be really pretty out there.

What I need right now is for clouds to move in and block out the sun- that way I won't have to go take photos of it. I also need a chef to come cook me dinner- that way I don't have to go cook dinner for myself. I also need a maid- that way I don't have to reassemble the lower cabinet areas of my kitchen by myself. And I need a dog walker- that way I don't have to take the dogs out.

I guess I should go ahead and charge my camera battery. And find something for dinner. And take the dogs out.

The cabinets can wait till tomorrow.

Or the next day.

EDIT- the clouds rolled in and I decided not to drive out for sunset photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment